Sunday 4 January 2009

Textual Analysis

As part of the research for our film we all needed to write up a detailed textual analysis on the opening sequence of three films that have same genre to my production.
I focused on the following to help with my research:

1. How narrative and character and genre are established.
2. How the sequence uses 'micro' features, such as camerawork and editing to do the above.


To to this I chose the following films to watch;

Feardotcom
Oceans 13
Kill Bill - Volume 1

I chose to watch Feardotcom as one of the opening sequences of a film as i believe it uses the title sequences very well and creates alot of tension and understanding in the first two minutes of the film.
I believe Oceans 13 was a good choice of an opening sequence to watch as it is very different to the others because it is just a Crime genre rather than Thriller-Crime.
In addition i thought Kill Bill would be a good choice of opening sequence to watch as it would give us a different idea of how to start off our opening sequence.

No comments: